GOUDHURST PARISH COUNCIL
Local Government for Goudhurst, Kilndown and Curtisden Green
Minutes of a Meeting held on Tuesday 23 January 2018 in The Jessel Room
Present: Cllrs Barry Noakes (Chairman), Alan Foster, Antony Harris, Mrs Caroline Richards
and Guy Sutton.
4 members of the public who spoke on application 17/04244
1. Apologies for Absence were accepted from: Cllrs Chris Ditton (unwell)
2. Declarations of Interest: None.
3. Planning Applications for consideration
17/03251 The Maples Clayhill Goudhurst
Single storey front extension
Whilst it would appear that the net increase in volume of this proposal would comply with policy, Goudhurst Parish Council finds that the design and appearance of the windows of the extension do not complement those of the main house
18/00039 10 Flimwell Close Flimwell
Erection of a two-storey extension and associated alterations
Subject to officers confirming that the volume of the proposed extension complies with TWBC policy, Goudhurst Parish Counci is content that approval is granted
18/00082 Land rear of 3 Bedgebury Cross Cottages Bedgebury Road Goudhurst
Charge of use of site for tourist accommodation (seasonal visitor accommodation); Installation of wooden platform, access track and extension to rear of existing field shelter, erection of yurt and provision of temporary huts for shower and toilet facilities
Goudhurst Parish Council (GPC) believes that this application should be refused for the following reasons:
• The proposed track across the paddock will have an unacceptable impact on the AONB;
• The yurt is an alien structure which will have an unacceptable impact on the AONB (cf: 12/02947);
• The recreational use of the area by visitors and children will lead to noise which will damage the amenity of the neighbouring properties;
• The increased use of the access off the B2079 Bedgebury Road, by those not familiar with the road, will increase the likelihood of accidents at a point where there is a history of fatal accidents;
• There is no indication of how waste from the toilet and washing facilities will be managed.
(GPC understands that the access from Bedgebury Road is not in the ownership of the applicant, as the plans indicate, but belongs to Bedgebury Estates, who have not sanctioned the proposed use).
Copyright © 1999-2018 Goudhurst Parish Council