GOUDHURST PARISH COUNCIL
Local Government for Goudhurst, Kilndown and Curtisden Green
Minutes of a Meeting held on Tuesday 10 April 2018 in The Jessel Room
Present: Cllrs Barry Noakes (Chairman), Chris Ditton, Alan Foster, Antony Harris, Mrs Caroline Richards and Guy Sutton.
1 member of the public (18/00587)
1. Apologies for Absence were accepted from: None
2. Declarations of Interest: None were declared.
3. Planning Applications for consideration
18/00587 Access adjacent to Brandfold Gate North Road Goudhurst
Alterations to road access to the Pumphouse and Brandfold Terrace Cottage
Goudhurst Parish Council would make the following observations on this application:
• At the present time the access has an informal agricultural appearance. The introduction of the proposed bollards will urbanise the access and make it more prominent. The bollards will also hinder the safe operation of this site as a KCC school bus stop;
• The scheme will cause users of the access to move into the path of users of the access to Brandfold Gate;
• There is no record of accidents being caused by the use of the access, but rather by road users taking the bend, which has a reverse camber, too quickly. For the approved use of a single dwelling, there is no need to modify this access.
18/00797 Goudhurst Service Station, Station Road Goudhurst
Minor Material Amendment of 15/504550/FULL (Demolition of existing service station, outbuildings and dwelling, and erection of 7 No. detached dwellings with associated access, parking and landscaping) – Elevations changes to plot 7 (house type D) including additional flat dormer on side elevation and increase in window size to existing dormer
Subject to officers confirming that the proposed changes will not lead to unsatisfactory overlooking, GPC is content that the application is approved.
18/00858 Woolpack Cottage Winchet Hill Goudhurst
Erection of a car port & loft conversion
The impact of these proposals on the neighbours and the locality will be minimal.
18/00898 Brandfold Farm North Road Goudhurst
Conversion of outbuilding to a residential unit with an ancillary garage
This proposal will lead to an attractive traditional building changing to an alien structure with excessive glazing. Officers should consider whether increased use of the access on a 50 mph road is acceptable.
18/00878 2 Bankfield Way, Goudhurst
Erection of a two-storey side extension
This proposal will have minimal impact on the locality and the AONB. Subject to officers confirming that the proposed extension is compliant with TWBC policy on volume increase, GPC is content that the application is approved.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Goudhurst Parish Council