Goudhurst, Kent. A Wealden hill village

GPC Agenda March 2018

To:  Members of Goudhurst Parish Council 

Copy: County Cllr Seán Holden and Borough Cllr Edmund Hastie for information.

I summon you to attend a Meeting of Goudhurst Parish Council at the Jessel Room, Goudhurst Parish Hall on Monday 12 March 2018 at 7.30 pm when the business detailed on this Agenda will be considered: 

Members of the Public and the Press are welcome to attend this meeting.  At the Chairman’s discretion, 15 minutes will be set aside for questions from members of the public each one of whom may be invited to speak for a maximum of 3 minutes in total relating to items on the Agenda or about issues of local concern.  Thereafter they have the right and are welcome to stay and observe the rest of the Meeting in accordance with the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, s1.

Please inform the Clerk if you intend to film or record the Meeting.

Anthony Farnfield   ……………………………………………..

Clerk   06 March 2018

Goudhurst Parish Council, The South Oast at Smugley Farm,  Bedgebury Road,  Goudhurst

TN17 2QU 01580 212552     [email protected]            www.goudhurst.co.uk


Quorum for Council:  4 Members

1. Apologies for Absence as reported at the meeting.

2. Declarations of Interest 

To receive Declarations of Interest on Agenda items and Members are reminded that they must inform the Monitoring Officer of any changes to their Notification of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests.

3. To resolve that the Minutes of the meeting of Council held on 12 February 2018 and distributed to Members with this Agenda are a correct record.  Members are reminded that the only issue relating to the minutes that can be discussed is their accuracy.

The meeting will then adjourn for:

4. Visiting Speakers

a. Mrs Georgia Read-Cutting to brief Council on her ideas and proposals for adding to the defibrillators in the Parish.

b. Mr Peter Rolington to brief Council on CCTV matters relative to Council’s plans to extend the coverage in the Parish.

5. To receive Questions from the Public and the Press.

The meeting will then reconvene.

6. To receive reports from County and Borough Councillors  

7. Committee Reports

a. Amenities Committee

Chairman, Amenities Committee will report verbally on current Amenities Committee matters including a proposal from Council’s webmaster to take on the handling of Council’s Social Media coverage.  Also to note that the Annual Parish litter pick will be held on 24/25 March 18

b. Highways & Footpaths Committee

The Chairman of the Highways & Footpaths Committee will present the Minutes of a meeting held on 06 March 2018 for Council to decide on recommendations bought forward (Minutes to follow)..

  1. Police & Neighbourhood Watch

CCTV. The Chairman of the Police and NHW Committee will present details of bids for the replacement CCTV camera at The Vine for Council to approve expenditure.

  1. d.Youth Committee  The Chairman of the Youth Committee will present the Minutes of the Youth Committee meeting held on 22 February 2018 including a proposal for approval of expenditure for installing a Goudhurst Dynamos pitch on the Village Green. 

8. Planning Committee  

The Chairman of the Planning Committee to present:

a. A report on the Planning Decisions received from TWBC in March 2018

b. The Minutes of the Committee meetings held on 23 January 2018

9. Training

KALC Planning Conference. 16 March 2018 at Lenham.  Cllr Alan Foster and the Clerk to attend.

10. General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)

The Clerk will brief Members on progress to ensure that Council will become compliant.

11. Accounts  

a.  Approval of Accounts for payment.

b.  To receive details of Receipts in February 2018.

c. To receive the reconciliation of Council’s accounts to the end of February 2018.

d. To receive a proposal from the Clerk for Council to approve an updated list of ring fenced funds for major project expenditure in 2018/19 (attached).

12. Audit

Council to formally approve the appointment of Mr David Buckett as Council’s Internal Auditor.  He will make his annual visit To Goudhurst on 18 April 2018.  Council to note that, apart from a thorough review of Councils accounts and accounting practices, he will be carrying out an enhanced check of Council’s Governance in accordance with the NALC Practitioner’s Guide and the External Auditor’s requirements.

13. Items for Information

143. Date of next meeting: Monday, 09 April  2018.  7.30  pm in the Jessel Room.


Planning Committee Tuesday 13 March 6.30 pm Jessel Room

Burial Board Tuesday 20 March 7.30 pm Jessel Room

Planning Committee Tuesday 27 March 6.30 pm Jessel Room

Amenities Committee Tuesday 27 March 7.30 pm Jessel Room

Anthony Farnfield, Clerk

Members of the Press and Public are welcome to attend this Meeting