GOUDHURST PARISH COUNCIL
Local Government for Goudhurst, Kilndown and Curtisden Green
To: Members of Goudhurst Parish Council
Copy: County Cllr Seán Holden & Borough Cllrs Barry Noakes and Dr Linda Hall for information.
I summon you to a Meeting of Goudhurst Parish Council at the Jessel Room, Goudhurst Parish Hall on Monday 10 June 2019 at 7.30 pm when the business detailed on this Agenda will be considered:
Members of the Public and the Press are welcome to attend this meeting. At the Chairman’s discretion, 15 minutes will be set aside for questions from members of the public each one of whom may be invited to speak for a maximum of 3 minutes in total relating to items on the Agenda or about issues of local concern. Thereafter they have the right and are welcome to stay and observe the rest of the Meeting in accordance with the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, s1.
Please inform the Clerk if you intend to film or record the Meeting.
Anthony Farnfield …………………………………..
Clerk 04 June 2019
Goudhurst Parish Council, The Hop Bine, Risebridge Farm, Goudhurst TN17 1HN
Quorum for Council: 4 Members
- Apologies for absence as reported at the meeting.
- Declarations of Interest
To receive Declarations of Interest on Agenda items.
- To welcome Cllr Craig Broom to his first Parish Council meeting as a Member.
4. To resolve that the Minutes of the meeting of Council held on May 2019 and distributed to Members with this Agenda are a correct record. Members are reminded that the only issues relating to the Minutes that can be discussed is their accuracy.
5. To receive Questions and Statements from the Public and the Press.
6. To receive reports from County and Borough Councillors
7. Appointments. Council to agree the final membership of the various Committees and other Appointments including co-option to fill the vacant Councillor role in the Goudhurst Parish Ward. See attached spreadsheet.
8. Committee Reports
a. Amenities Committee. Chairman, Amenities Committee will present the Minutes of a Committee Meeting held on 28 May 2019 which includes items for decision by Council.
b. Goudhurst Central (Traffic and Parking) Committee. Chairman, Goudhurst Central (Traffic and Parking) Committee will present a verbal report on progress to date and future plans.
c. Highways Committee. Chairman Highways Committee to give a verbal report on progress of various projects.
d. Housing Committee. Chairman, Police. Neighbourhood Watch and Housing Committee to report. Council has received several complains in recent weeks about the lack of action on repairs to properties by a Local Housing Association. Council to decide on action to be taken. See attached brief.
e. Youth Committee. Council to receive a verbal report from the Chairman of the Youth Committee.
9. Planning Committee
Council to consider these items:
a. A report on the Planning Decisions received from TWBC in May 2019
b. The Minutes of the Committee meetings held on 14 and 28 May 2019
10. Goudhurst Parish Neighbourhood Development Plan
To receive a report from Council’s representative on the NDP Steering Committee.
Cllr Antony Harris to attend the Community Lead Housing and Self Build Conference 18 June at Dover.
Councillors individually to agree a date to attend KALC Dynamic Councillor training. See the attached programme. This is aimed at new Members but it is a good refresher for others.
a. Approval of Accounts for payment.
b. To receive details of Receipts in May 2019.
c. To receive the reconciliation of Council’s accounts to the end of May 2019.
13. Policy and Staff Committee
a. To receive a progress report on the recruitment of a Clerk (designate).
b. To note that the Clerk will be arranging @goudhurst.co.uk e-mail accounts for new Members through our Webmaster, Mr Michael Bennett.
14. Items for Information
15. Date of next meeting: 08 July 2019. Parish Council Meeting. 7.30 pm in the Jessel Room.
NEXT COMMITTEE MEETINGS:
Planning Committee Tuesday 11 June 6.30 pm Jessel Room
Planning Committee Tuesday 25 June 6.30 pm Jessel Room
Highways Committee Tuesday 25 June 7.30 pm Jessel Room
Anthony Farnfield, Clerk
copyright © 1999-2019 Goudhurst Parish Council