GOUDHURST PARISH COUNCIL
Local Government for Goudhurst, Kilndown and Curtisden Green
CENTRAL GOUDHURST (TRAFFIC AND PARKING) COMMITTEE
Minutes of a Meeting held on Tuesday, 06 August 2019 at the Jessel Room at 7.30 pm
Present: Cllrs Antony Harris (Chairman, David Boniface and Craig Broom.
Apologies: were accepted from Cllrs Chris Ditton and Barry Noakes
Parking & Traffic in Goudhurst with special reference to Old Parsonage site 19/00280
Members noted and agreed the briefing memo of 24 July 2019 sent by Council to Stephen Baughan, Head of TWBC Planning Services. Also the Minutes of the meeting held on 26 July at the Town Hall with Mr Baughan and Peter Hockney, Planning Development Manager (both documents attached). The policy proposals included there were agreed.
Members also noted Stephen Baughan’s offer to facilitate a meeting with the developers of the Old Parsonage site to obtain land for an additional 8 – 12 parking spaces opposite (to the east of) our existing car park on Balcombes Hill.
As a result of the 26 July meeting at the Town Hall, this Committee recommend the following actions:
• Seek a meeting with the TWBC tree officer with the purpose of overcoming environmental and tree preservation objections to the use of some of the Old Parsonage site for public parking. Action – Clerk
• Commission a consultant with the purpose of overcoming any potential safety or highways issues relating to the various proposed parking sites and as to their safe design. Clerk to ask TWBC for recommended consultants acceptable specifically to Kent Highways.
• Formally validate the number of business and retail staff who park regularly in central Goudhurst to validate number of out of Goudhurst centre long stay spaces required
• With the aid of the consultant, identify the issues likely to relate to the various potential additional parking sites around Goudhurst village and determine solutions.
- Lower Glebe field – various locations;
- Tattlebury Triangle
- land to the south of the Balcombes Hill car park
- land to the south west of the Village Hall
• (also any issues relating to the Social Club car park).
It was agreed to hold future meeting at 18.30 on the 3rd Monday of the month prior to the Business & Communications Committee meetings at 19.30 until December 2019 and to prepare for Council’s Open Meeting on 11November.
It was noted that this Committee will liaise with the Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) group to ensure that the Parking proposals are not contra-indicated to the NDP.
It was noted that, prior to this evening’s committee meeting, the briefing note of 23 July and the Minutes of the meeting with TWBC on 26 July were discussed with Borough Councillors Barry Noakes who concurred with the report, the notes and the planned way forward.
The meeting closed at 8.25 pm.
Copyright © 1999- Goudhurst Parish Council