GOUDHURST PARISH COUNCIL
Local Government for Goudhurst, Kilndown and Curtisden Green
To: Members of the Goudhurst Burial Board
Cllrs Mrs Susan Newsam (Chairman), Mrs Angela Broom, Barry Noakes, Mrs Caroline Richards and Guy Sutton.
Rev Hugh Nelson and Mr David Nichol as advisers.
Cllrs Antony Harris, Alan Foster and Phil Kirkby (all ex-officio)
I summon you to attend a Meeting of the Goudhurst Burial Board to be held at St Mary’s Church, Goudhurst on Tuesday 17 July 2018 at 7.00 pm.
The Meeting will start with a walk-round of the Churchyard and Burial Grounds.
Members of the Public and the Press are welcome to attend this meeting. At the Chairman’s discretion members of the public may be invited to speak for a maximum of 3 minutes each relating to items on the Agenda. Please state your name and address prior to speaking. Smoking is not allowed during Council meetings. Please switch off mobile phones.
Anthony Farnfield ………………………………………………………………..
Clerk 08 July 2016
The South Oast at Smugley Farm, Bedgebury Road, Goudhurst TN17 2QU
Quorum for a Burial Board Meeting is 3 Members
1. To receive Apologies for absence
2. Churchyard, Cemetery and Burial Grounds Maintenance items at St Mary’s and Christ Church
To receive a verbal report from the Clerk on current matters, and for Members to decide on recommendations to Council for approval.
To receive a report on the Burial Board budget against receipts and payments
4. Annual review of Burial Board Regulations, Fees and Charges
To decide on recommendations to Council for the year from September 2018.
5. Clean-Up Day at St Mary’s and Christ Church
To reconfirm 13 October 2018 for this year’s event, and to consider what needs to be done.
6. Date of the next meeting: 16 October 2018 at Kilndown Quarry Centre.
7. Items for Information
Clerk’s Report to Burial Board 17 July 2018
- The Brick Path renovation project.
- The damaged very old memorial headstone on the north side of St Mary’s by the junction of the two brick paths,
- Condition of the cherry trees on the bank along Back Lane (recent fallen branch).
- Groundscare & General Services (Steve Bryant). To consider their bid for the renewal of the St Mary’s Churchyard, Old Cemetery and Burial Grounds for a 3 year period from March 2019.
- Double width interment.
- Kilndown. Nothing to report. Except the Oak Tree at the east end of the Church may need attention as it is growing close to the Church building.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Goudhurst Parish Council