GOUDHURST PARISH COUNCIL
Local Government for Goudhurst, Kilndown and Curtisden Green
To: Cllrs Chris Ditton (Chairman), David Boniface, Alan Foster, Phil Kirkby, David Knight and Mrs Jayne Russell
Cllr Antony Harris (ex officio).
I summon you to attend a Meeting of the Amenities Committee to be held at The Jessel Room in Goudhurst Parish Hall on Tuesday 24 September 2019 at 7.30 pm when the business detailed on the Agenda will be considered.
Members of the Public and the Press are welcome to attend this meeting. At the Chairman’s discretion members of the public may be invited to speak for a maximum of 3 minutes each relating to items on the Agenda. Please state your name and address prior to speaking. Please switch off mobile phones.
Anthony Farnfield ………………………………………………………………..
Clerk 18 September 2019
The South Oast at Smugley Farm, Bedgebury Road, Goudhurst TN17 2QU
Quorum for Amenities Committee: 3 Members
- Apologies for Absence
- Declarations of Interest
- Questions and Statements from the Public.
- Glebe Field (The Village Green)
To receive a report on progress with developments at the Village Green some of which have been discussed by the Youth Committee.
- Defibrillators. To receive a report on progress with establishing the refurbished red phone kiosk at The Plain and the defibrillator that is due to be installed there.
- Tree Survey. Clerk to report on work in progress.
- Electric Vehicle Charge Points. To receive a report on progress relating to distinctive marking of the two parking ‘slots’ by the charging points..
- Royal Mail letter boxes. To receive an update from the Clerk and Assistant Clerk on progress with the Royal Mail in getting the letter box that had been moved to Taywell Farm Shop to the forecourt of Weald Service Station.
- Goudhurst in Bloom. To note that the prize giving that had been held on Thursday, 29 August at The Star & Eagle had been a great success with a record number of local residents participating.
- Kent Search and Rescue. To consider a proposal from Cllr Alan Foster for approval of a modest grant from Council to Kent Search and Rescue.
- Hedge along the drive to the Vicarage that is on the south side of the Village Green. To receive a report on a proposal to grub out the hedge in question and replace it with a post and rail fence. There are safety considerations to be taken into account.
- Extra benches and litter bins on the Village Green and Lower Glebe. Two local residents had raised this request at the Council meeting on 09 September. To note that the Clerk and Assistant Clerk will bring forward a cost assessment to a future meeting.
- Christ Church Kilndown Church Clock. To note that the clock in question is in need of repair. The Clerk has been approached for a Grant from Council towards the cost. He has responded with a request for more detail of the cost and other sources of grant funding.
- Hedge between Goudhurst Parish Hall and the Pond. To receive a proposal from the Chairman of the Goudhurst Parish Hall Trust relating to the hedge by the Pond.
- Glebe Field (the Village Green). To approve the wording of notices to inform the public of closures of the path on certain dates for legal reasons.
- Dog Fouling. To note new enforcement procedures by TWBC (see the latest edition of TWBC ‘Local’ magazine) and the Clerks’ proposal to order additional ‘No Dog Fouling’ notices to replace worn out ones across the Parish.
- Duck House for Goudhurst Pond. Committee to review the current situation regarding the request from a member of the public to establish a duck house on the Pond
Copyright © 1999-2019 Goudhurst Parish Council