GOUDHURST PARISH COUNCIL
Local Government for Goudhurst, Kilndown and Curtisden Green
To: Cllrs Chris Ditton (Chairman), David Boniface, Alan Foster, Phil Kirkby, David Knight and Mrs Jayne Russell
Cllr Antony Harris (ex officio).
I summon you to attend a Meeting of the Amenities Committee to be held at The Jessel Room in Goudhurst Parish Hall on Tuesday 23 July 2019 at 7.30 pm when the business detailed on the Agenda will be considered.
Members of the Public and the Press are welcome to attend this meeting. At the Chairman’s discretion members of the public may be invited to speak for a maximum of 3 minutes each relating to items on the Agenda. Please state your name and address prior to speaking. Please switch off mobile phones.
Anthony Farnfield ………………………………………………………………..
Clerk 17 July 2019
The South Oast at Smugley Farm, Bedgebury Road, Goudhurst TN17 2QU
Quorum for Amenities Committee: 3 Members
- To appoint a Vice Chairman for the Amenities Committee
- Apologies for Absence
- Declarations of Interest
- Questions and Statements from the Public.
- Glebe Field (The Village Green)
- To recommend to Council action to be taken to repair the Village Green goal posts.
- b.To recommend to Council arrangements for the annual closure of the path around the north and west sides of the Green in accordance with the Parish Council/Diocese of Canterbury lease.
- Kilndown Millennium Green – Request for Grant to the cost of replacement goals.
Committee to consider this request to bring forward a recommendation to Council.
- Defibrillators. To receive a report (attached) on the current situation relating to the defibrillators in the Parish and to bring recommendations to Council for action.
- The red phone kiosk from Yorkshire. To receive a report on the current situation and to recommend future action by Council.
- Tree Survey. Clerk to report on work in progress.
- Electric Vehicle Charge Points. To receive a report on the introduction of extra signage and costs for approval.
- Royal Mail letter boxes. The Clerk is to contact Royal Mail about:
- The missing mail box at the junction of Kilndown Road and the A21
- b.To apply to have the mail box that was removed from Chequers Junction to Taywell Farm Shop to be re-sited at an agreed point on The Weald Service Station forecourt
- The Tourist Information Board at The Plain, currently situated at the front of the Parish Hall. To consider the request from a local resident that the Tourist Information Board be re-established at its original position by the Pond close to West Road. Committee to decide as a recommendation to Council whether to move it as requested or to leave it in its present position.
- Quarry Pond Forestry Barrier Gate. To note that a replacement has been ordered and it will be installed by Mr Richard Greenaway.
- Goudhurst in Bloom. All to note that the prize giving will be held on Thursday, 29 August at The Star & Eagle. 6.30 pm for 7.00 pm.
- Weed Control at Chequer Field. Recommend to Council approval of a quote of £330.00 for herbicide to be applied at Chequer Field by Complete Weed Control against buttercups, daisies and clover. See attached quote.
Copyright © 1999- Goudhurst Parish Council