This website uses scripts. If you are seeing this message, you may have disabled Javascript, or are using an old, incompatible browser. We recommend you upgrade to Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or a newer version of Internet Explorer. Highways & Footpaths Committee 24 January 2017 – Goudhurst.co.uk
Goudhurst, Kent. A Wealden hill village

Highways & Footpaths Committee 24 January 2017

HIGHWAYS & FOOTPATHS COMMITTEE

Minutes of a Meeting held on 24 January 2017 at the Jessel Room at 7.30 pm

Present:   Cllrs Stephen Wickham (Chairman), David Boniface, Mrs Angela Broom and,  Alan Foster.   The Clerk.

Apologies: Cllrs Antony Harris (unwell) and Phil Kirkby.

Kilndown Fishing Club.  The application by Mr Graham Booth of Cranbrook was considered.  It was noted that the Clerk had carried out a brief survey of local residents near the Pond and the replies so far indicated support for the project.  Members were concerned about it being a commercial facility.  Also that there could well be adverse effects on the local environment as described in the recent report from the Kent High Weald Partnership dated 11 January 2017.  One suggestion was to limit the membership numbers or the numbers who may fish at any one time. Supervision could be an issue; who from the Parish Council will be able to resolve on-site disputes?  It was agreed that the Chairman of the Amenities Committee will speak to Mr Booth to discuss his plans and intentions.

Kent High Weald Partnership Report of 11 January 2017.   Members considered the report and its recommendations. It was agreed that no action will be taken until the decision has been made on the Fishing Club application.  It was noted that Cllr David Boniface has a water testing kit.

The Glebe Field.  It was noted that the Chairman of the Amenities Committee had spoken to the Diocesan Land Agent again recently and  he learned that the draft lease had been passed to the Diocesan legal advisers and then back to the Land Agent. Chairman of the Amenities Committee will speak to Diocesan Land Agent again.

Chequer Field.  It was noted that our legal adviser, Mrs Corinne Browne of Buss Murton Law had written again to TWBC about the Chequer Field boundary discrepancies and the poor condition of the south end of the pitch after heavy rain.

Kilndown Millennium Green.  It was noted that the Millennium Green Trustees had asked for further financial support from Council for the maintenance of the play equipment there and for assistance with the future cost of Millennium Green grounds maintenance should Pete Watkins retire.  A meeting between parties has been arranged for 26 January.

Balcombes Hill Toilet Block.  It was noted that blocked drains had been cleared on 13 January.  Also that the Electrical Contractor had carried out a ‘3 hour test’ of the electrical system and had replaced some back up units.

Members present agreed the colours of the replacement hand wash unit in the ladies toilet with its back board.  The Clerk will now order the replacement unit.  Council Minute 261/16 refers.

Parish Litter Pick.   This will be held on 25/26 March 2017.  The Clerk reported that he has ordered the necessary equipment from TWBC.  The arrangements for who does what are in hand.

Cllr Mrs Broom offered the help of a neighbour to place the ‘litter picking’ traffic warning signs around the Parish.

Oak Tree at Tattlebury Triangle.  It was noted that it has been reported as diseased and is considered to be unlikely to recover.  The Clerk will contact Dan Docker to obtain permission to fell it and to seek advice on a replacement tree.  Amenities Committee understands that the owner of Maypole House has offered to fund a replacement tree.

Fire Hydrants.  It was noted that Kent Fire and Rescue (KFRS) has organised a number of meetings across Kent. Cllr Alan Foster will attend an Initiative meeting at Tovil on 30 January 2017.  It was noted that Cllr Alan Foster carried out a comprehensive survey of the Hydrants in Goudhurst Parish a couple of years ago.. Many are not in a good condition but KFRS seem not to be carrying out any repairs and maintenance.

The meeting closed at 8.20 pm.

These Minutes are subject to approval at the next meeting of Council

Clerk to the Parish Council

Anthony Farnfield MBE

copyright © 1999-2017 Goudhurst Parish Council